Monday, February 6, 2012

GAD, afghan, and...

I finally got a pic of all 37 GAD's, my latest afghan and a new one I started while we were traveling to go watch my son graduate from BCT and of course on the way back (while I wasn't driving). First my GAD's
I'm doing squares for 2 different ghans. The bottom 4 in the left corner are some that I've put together already with a burgundy and I'm doing the join as you go method. The big squares will be put together with a sc. I love the look of that.
Second pic is of my latest afhgan. It is a rectangle.
Now for the ghan that I started on our trip. It is a ripple that I'm doing in rainbow colors (I am really loving these colors right now).
I think this is really going to turn out nice. See the quilt top that it is laying on? Well that is one of the last ones done by my grandmother before she got to where she couldn't do it anymore. I miss my grandmother but with every crochet stitch that I make I think of her, cause she is the one that taught me how to crochet. Thank you Grandma!!
Now for my boys....
This is just the company that my son was in. There were 6 total, and about 1100 soldiers gratuating. Thank you each and everyone of ya'll for your service!!!
This is both of my boys. I'm am very proud of both of them!!!!!
Have a great day everyone,
Happy Crocheting,
Tracey




6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award
http://macscrochet.blogspot.com/2012/02/another-award.html

Ali x

Tracey said...

Thank You Ali. :)

laydilyke said...

WOW, love the rainbow throw. Makes me happy just looking at it. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. Back at ya!

TwoLuLa said...

I love the way the color flows in your ripple afghan. And what you wrote about your grandmother touched me. I learned to crochet and knit from my grandmother. Maybe that's one of the things I like so much about crocheting - it keeps me connected to my past. Though its been so many years since Omi died I can still clearly see her sitting in her chair in the kitchen crocheting or knitting blankets, socks, mittens and sweaters. I am trying to pass this craft on to my girls.
Congratulations to your son. What a proud moment that must have been!
Cynthia

Tracey said...

Thank you so much ladyilyke and TwoLuLa. Your comments really are touching. TwoLuLa I feel the same way towards my Grandma. I think it keeps me connected to her.
Tracey

Lynette said...

I love your blanket you're doing with the orange in. It's beautiful and unique. It's definitely an heirloom that will make family think of you with love one day.
I can see why you are so proud of your sons, they are handsome and look like super wholesome guys. I love the military uniform and hair cuts.
I'm still a beginner crocheter, my gran started showing me how and then her fingers got too stiff. I've crocheted a little orange cell phone bag for my gran, basically a square folded in half with a lanyard type handle and a heart embroided on the bag. My gran had to get a special Tracfone SVC phone for seniors because her eyesight was bad, it's got bigger keys and letters on the screen and it only cost me $15. Thanks to my little bag she can carry her phone with her where ever she goes.
I think this little bag can be a nice valentines day gift for moms and grans.

Grow Your Blog